Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Heart and Soul

Theo Epstein said today that "In the end, after a long period of reflection about myself and the program, I decided I could no longer put my whole heart and soul into it."

Welcome to Major League Baseball, Theo. Tons of people don't put their heart and soul into the game. It's what you're supposed to do. Guys like Milton Bradley, Kenny Lofton, Sammy Sosa, Juan Gonzalez, and the entire front office of the Royals have been dogging it and collecting paychecks for years without giving a crap. Remember, caring about the game is for losers. Losers like us.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you guys know, I'm going to be citing this blog in an essay for my American Culture class about group rivalry. Look, your bickering does seem to have some sort of an end.

-Andrew

12:48 PM  
Blogger The Rivals said...

We don't bicker. We just bitch. And whine. :)

-Nathan

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damon a yankee, Nomar a yankee, Boggs a yankee, Ruth a yankee, Clemens a yankee, Gordon a Yankee....the list goes on, can't you guys scout your own talent?

-Andrew

7:30 PM  
Blogger The Rivals said...

Why should we? You do the work for us...

1:40 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Boys!!!! Please tell me you are coming back this season!!! I have spring training fever... I need bickering... I mean bitching and whining. Soon please! I'll even give you a topic... Johnny Damon is a TRAITOROUS PIG.... discuss amongst yourselves....

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home