Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hopin' and Prayin'

I'm not emotionally prepared for the next three weeks of the Yankee victory parade.

In fact, I have looked at myself in the mirror, and I have learned something about myself. So I must come clean with you, Blue: I am rooting for the Yankees to get eliminated more than I am rooting for the Sox to repeat. I hate the Yankees more than ever. Come on - TEN STRAIGHT YEARS? And I am sickened by the fact that they made it to the playoffs. SICKENED to the point of spewing bile.

Why? Because this will turn out to be the little window of opportunity this overpaid band of underachievers needed - homefield advantage or not. They didn't get the 115 wins they were supposed to, but it won't matter.

The Sox were nice and steady down the stretch. They don't get shaken up after big losses, and I think they'll hit, and hit in the clutch. And I love 'em to death. But I just don't see how Clement and Wells can make up for the clutchness we lost with D-Lowe and Pedro. And this year's bullpen is a shadow of last year's - remember what I said about not being able to win without Foulke. Man, we really captured lightning in a bottle. They say Wells comes up big in the post-season, and if he does, I can't wait to see it. But it's pretty clear Schilling 05 can't fill the shoes of Schilling 04. That leaves Wakefield, thank God. Our great white hope.

Can our pitchers come up big? Here's hopin'. And prayin'. And screaming and pacing and panicking...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd let you know about a site where you can make over $800 a month in extra income. Go to this site   MAKE MONEY NOW  and put in your zip code..... up will pop several places where you can get paid to secret shop, take surveys, etc.  It's free.  I found several and I live in a small town!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home