Saturday, September 17, 2005

Sports Talk

Some things that have been bubbling up inside - not all baseball:

- Well, I derided Yankee fans for not appreciating being in a pennant race and now we're in the thick of it ourselves. Serves me right. But you know what? BRING IT ON!!
- I could care less if Ortiz wins the MVP. I'll tell you what - he's MY MVP. Give it to A-Rod, that's fine with me, I won't even give you an argument. He's the Yankees best player and if they go to the next round, he deserves it. But all I really care about is making the playoffs and getting me another ring.
- Now, more than ever before, my favorite team is the Red Sox and whoever plays the Yankees. Let's break their post-season streak! I've reached the point where I can't watch Yankee games anymore - not because of one of my well-documented superstitions, but because at this time of the year they make me PHYSICALLY ILL.
- Wakefield is the ace of the staff, kids. Plain and simple. But the knuckler comes and goes mysteriously. Most knuckleballers, including Wake, are pretty much .500 pitchers over the long haul. Let's just hope this current streak has some legs.
- Here's my playoff rotation (knock on wood): 1) Wake, 2) Schilling, 3) Wells, 4) Clement. My heart won't break if Arroyo takes 4 and Schilling goes back to the pen to support Foulke (still shaky) and Timlin (god-like). Let's watch the next two Schilling starts, but that might be the right move.
- College football, quick comments... the Cuse, WVa and Pitt should abandon ship and join the ACC... in retrospect, BC made the right call (and it kills me to say that)... I don't like the Orange's new jerseys... they look like Illinois, or (gulp) Virginia... I'm withholding opinion on the new coach, I'll give him to the halfway point of the Big East schedule... can he beat Louisville?
- Pro football, quick comments... don't think I didn't notice the Sox lost on Patriots night... can't let that happen again... I'm withholding comments on the Pats until they are halfway through the AFC East schedule, but only because I don't want to jinx anything.
- Which reminds me: The ChW have a pitcher named Jenks. I laughed out loud when he came out of the pen against the Sawx. Can you break a jinx with a guy named Jenks? You decide.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog. If you ever are interested in losing weight or gaining muscle please visit my Bodybuilding site. Thanks again!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job with your blog, Dude! I'll let folks know about it.

SHOCKING Debt Consolidation
blog. It contains COOL stuff about Debt Consolidation.
Come and check it out if you dare ;-)

12:56 PM  
Anonymous peter* said...

I thought our comments in the Jimmy the Greek entry were classic Red Sox-Yankee banter. Glad to be a part of it. Too bad the spam gets in, but it makes more sense than some Yankee fan comments I've seen. I couldn't resist.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Chopping Guy Birthday Hat said...

Jenks is good, but I can top it:

J.J. Putz of the Seattle Mariners. How could you bring this guy in in a close game?

(Aside: What's worse than watching Yankees games? Taking in a Mariners game at Safeco and actually having to root for Jeff Nelson when he came in out of the bullpen. That game was in July and I STILL feel dirty. Nelson blew the save but the M's won, so I got over it...)

The team of Dave Bush and Brandon League in Toronto. Is John Gibbons ever tempted to pitch them in that order just because?

(Another aside: Do the Toronto Blue Jays have the ugliest uniforms in Major League Baseball? I think they do. ALL of their prior uniforms are better looking.)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Steve Austin said...

Nice blog. Please check out my consumer debt consolidation blog. It is all about consumer debt consolidation.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Joe Muka said...

Nice looking blog... I'm going to add a blog at my site about non profit debt consolidation and just found your site looking for ideas.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Natwho said...

www.nwcleasing.com offers the lowest rate financing on poor credit What ever your financial situation, poor credit can help. We even have a special loan program that can put money in your pocket within 1 hour of applying. Apply online today and see just how quickly we can get you approved regardless of your past credit. Rates start as low as 4%, apply today.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Mommies make money said...

Nice site!
debt consolidation

4:08 AM  
Blogger billuk said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a chapter bankruptcy
site/blog. It pretty much covers chapter bankruptcy
related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:47 AM  
Blogger debt free guy said...

Excellent post!

Debt Free Guy
debt consolidation

12:37 AM  
Blogger joy said...

Hey, I like what I read here. I will be back for sure!
I have a credit counseling agency site. It pretty much covers credit counseling agency related stuff.
check it out if you get time :-)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

You have an interesting blog here. Some of the things people put are kind of strange. Another cool site is a site that is about personal finance stuff.

Anyway, I like your blog and will proably be back.

Take care.credit card debt

3:18 PM  
Blogger St Louis Cardinals BUFF said...

So many blogs and only 10 numbers to rate them. I'll have to give you a 7 because you have good content but lack of quality posts.

Free Access To More Information Aboutinternet access providers

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home