Thursday, September 29, 2005

My Fortune Cookie

This is what my fortune cookie said tonight, no kidding:

"The best prophet of the future is the past."

Yikes! Just one question. Is that the recent past (2004) or the distant past (2003)? The karma in the Sox clubhouse is bringing to mind the Mo Vaughn years... say 1995? By the way, thanks so much Boston media, for intentionally ruining the perfectly good chemistry we had. My new name for you is the-scumbag-losers-who-couldn't-ruin-it-for-us-last-year-no-matter-how-hard-you-tried-so-you-have-to-be-even-meaner-this-year.

The ChW are IN, as of this afternoon. It's disappointing because they fell apart enough in August and September to allow us to actually start seriously dreaming about finishing with home field advantage through the playoffs. Guess not. Right now I'll take the last wildcard slot with a Monday playoff against the D-backs followed by a Tuesday one against the Toledo Mud Hens.

We can do this people... pray for pitching!! LET'S GO RED SOX!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who very loudly predicted a David Ortiz homerun in the library 3 seconds before it happened, and then screamed when it did? The people here love me, I pretend to do homework but watch gameday and make really really loud noises. Oh, by the way, I live in a hallway filled with yankees fans. I want to kill myself on an hourly basis, maybe that's why I've found refuge in the library, where I would normally want to kill myself on an hourly basis. Go figure.....off to studying sperm competition with Dr. T R Birkhead.....


-Andrew

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 'O' in Ortiz is for Orgasm.

-Me again, making a scene in the library.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Tyler said...

Although the orgasms are nice, the O in Ortiz is for MVP.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home