Friday, August 26, 2005

What Me Worry?

Lots of emails today, asking if I'm worried about Schilling. Drum roll please. The answer?

NOPE.

Schilling will be fine when we need him. He's got a lot to work through in his head... but he'll be fine when we need him.

Think of it this way: Everything has gone wrong this season that didn't go wrong last season. We're basically where we are - which by the way, is 1st place - without any contriibution from Schilling, Pedro, Lowe, and Foulke. Guys who had career years last year - like Bellhorn, Mueller, and Millar - are nowhere NEAR the zone. (I have way more faith in Graffanino and Kapler than in Millar... which is not good.)

Thankfully, the following things are constant (Lord hear our prayer): Johnny D, Manny, Ortiz, Varitek, Trot, and ER. Believe it or not, Olerud is a constant. Timlin, Gonzalez and Myers, in the right slots, are all constants. Kapler is motivated and can be this year's Dave Roberts. These are a few of the reasons that you still see us at the top of the AL East.

We've got a lot of time to get this together people. If it's a wildcard, it's a wildcard. You figured the Yankees would win the division anyway. (I still have them to win it all - is there a reason to change?) I have faith in Schilling, I have faith in Clement. In big games, I have faith in Wakefield. I have a new-found faith in Wells (but I think he needs some pre-playoff wins against the Angels and Yankees to cement his confidence). That's four. The ups and downs of Arroyo and Miller won't necessarily hurt us. What will hurt us is going into the playoffs without Foulke at 100%. I repeat:

WHAT WILL HURT US IS GOING INTO THE PLAYOFFS WITHOUT FOULKE AT 100%. PERIOD.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suit Accuses Axl Rose of Taking Revenues
The suit was filed Aug. 17 in federal court by Slash and Duff, otherwise known as Saul Hudson and Michael McKagan.
Discover guitar lessons - The ultimate guitar blog

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm just doing my daily blogging "hello's" through people's comment sections. I find it's nice to have people commenting on all the writing, don't you?

I've got a alternative depression treatment site.

It's all related to alternative depression treatment, so if that's something you're looking for, feel free to visit.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doc Searls Misses the Mark on Spam Blogs
Doc has an interesting post on the subject of spam blogs, and their threat to free content , and naturally, a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon, in my opinion, without much thought.

Nice job on your blog! I am book marking your site for future reference.

I have recently created a proform treadmill part
site/blog. It pretty much covers proform treadmill part related stuff.

Stop by and check it out if you have time.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just blogg surfing and tellin folks about my new blogg and website. It would be great if you could stop by and leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading my two cents. Protein Power

8:59 PM  
Anonymous peter* said...

There is a lot more to worry about than just Foulkie. We have to have a staff that can get to him first. Doesn't exist, does it? Not even close.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home