Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tony Womack and Joe Torre: Driving Me CRAZY

Joe Torre drives me bananas. Particularly as it pertains to one Tony Womack. Why the hell is this guy out there? He SUCKS! I know that. You know that. We all know that. Does Joe know that? I think he does. I think he's keeping him out there to prove some god-awful point, cutting off the nose to spite the face. He's saying: "Hey, I wanted you guys to keep Miguel Cairo around, but noooooo, you didn't. You went out and got me Tony Freakin' Womack. Well, if that's how you want it, fine, I'll play him. Every day. It doesn't matter if he's got a grand total of 5 extra-base hits. It doesn't matter if he's got all of eleven RBIs all season. It doesn't matter that if he's got an OBP of .273! You got him even though I didn't want him. Tough shit. Deal with it." And, he won't put a rookie in the outfield because he fundamentally has a problem with doing so, as evidenced by that notoriously quick hook of his. God forbid he lets any of them play more than one game in a row to prove themselves. Man, I'm so pissed off about this. It's driving me absolutely crazy!!! ARRRGH!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home