Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Called Shot

I'm looking at my fantasy baseball team and saw that Mike Timlin has no chance of getting a hold against the Orioles because Foulke blew up again in the ninth. Evan is on his way out the door with Johnny D at bat, down 4-3, a count of 2-2, no outs, and no one on base. I mention to him that Foulke stinks and he shrugs: "They'll win it in the bottom of the ninth..." Here he is... All the confidence in the world... Not a shred of doubt in his mind. What happens? Sox win it in the bottom of the 9th on a 3-run Ortiz dinger. Unbelieveable.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As written on the fantasy baseball discussion board:

During the Red Sox win today, I was secretly rooting for David Ortiz to hit a bunt-single to third while the shift was on. He hit a walk-off homer instead. I'm glad my wish worked out.

I think it is that Red Sox magic that yankees fans lack. You expect to win, where Sox fans need to worry. Of course Evan worried, but if he showed any weakness you would have pounced. Fighting a yankees fan is like fighting a mountain lion; you need to stand up and look big until it runs away. Evan looked confidant, then he walked away.

Really, I'm just rambling, ignore me.

-A

9:09 PM  
Anonymous big tony said...

What you sawx fans fail to realize
is that the BIRDS will take a split in every series left with the sawx and must I say the pranks I mean yanks. Were still in first place and life is good.

11:13 AM  
Blogger The Rivals said...

To A - Um, actually no. I really was 100% confident they would win it in the bottom of the 9th. What do you think this is, 2003?

To Big T - Let's go to Baltimore baby! Sox-O's in July and again in Sept!

- E

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home