Thursday, May 19, 2005

Finally, A Post From Blue

Well, that sure was a fun run, wasn't it? I apologize for my single bout of superstition, and I promise you that it won't happen again. But, the depression and the heartache of the Yankees losing, losing, losing to the Devil Rays made me a bit more paranoid (and crazy) than normal. So, when the Bombers won two in a row, I told Red that I wouldn't post until they lost again. Well, last night they did and I'm fine with it. That's because they're back in a respectable position. Now the Yankees can show up for the Subway series with their heads held higher than they would have had they still been 8 games under .500. Wow. That would have been tough to deal with...

Ok, so here's my roster breakdown of the past 11 games:

Jeter: Steady, steady, steady. That's the way I like it. No huge streaks from Derek, but no huge slumps either. Bodes well for both the Yankees and my fantasy baseball team (where he's the only Bomber I have).

Womack: I gotta admit, I was very scared and skeptical about the whole left field thing, but it seems to be working out ok. Decent jumps on the ball and good throws to the correct cutoff man. Fundamentals. Let's just hope this post doesn't jinx him.

A-Rod: Man, he's crushing the ball these days, huh? If only he could field as well... Yeah, I'm nitpicking, but hey, he's been booting a few too many and he deserves to catch some flack.

Bernie: The consumate gentleman. Comes off the bench and wins a game with a 3-run dinger.

Sheffield: Like Jeter, steady, steady, steady.

Matsui: It's about time you started to wake up! Sheesh, Red and I were concerned about when you were going to start showing your real colors.

Giambi: Like the Yankees brass, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with him. Yeah, he's hit a few over the past 4 games, but that's his freakin' job. I mean, even Bubba Crosby gets a hit every once in a while, right?


Posada: I'm sorry, but I just can't get on the Posada bandwagon this year. To me, he's the anti-clutch. The letdown. I just never see him do anything besides call the game. Certainly, that's important. I understand that. But at the plate, he doesn't do squat, and on the off-chance that he does do something, it's usually in the midst of a blowout.

Tino: He's money. 'Nuff said.

Cano: I just hope the Yankees don't trade this lone prospect for some old pitcher who may or may not be able to get the Yankees a World Series ring. Yeah, I'm talking about you, Clemens!

Pavano: Way to keep the ball down, Carl. Glad you settled down, too. Just don't pull a Jaret on us, k?

Big Unit: You're a very lucky man to have that kind of offense backing you up...

Chien-Ming Wang: Representin' my peeps the way they should be represented. Nice.

Moose: Tough loss yesterday but the other outings were great. Thanks.

Brownie Boy: You're still a loaded gun. I trust you as far as I can throw you. And, like you, I have a bad back. I don't think you'll get off my s**tlist.

Mo/Flash: Good to see you two again...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home