Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Biased Play-by-Play

Since last October, all I hear is Boston so great this, Boston so great that. Everyone loves those lovable losers. Well, lovable winners. There are no fewer than 2,459 books out about the Red Sox win. And, there's a hit movie out about a Sox fan that everyone is writing rave reviews about. When I say everyone, I mean everyone. This even includes my co-worker and his best friend. Sheesh.

Now, I can handle some media interest in this story. And, I can deal with all the hooplah. But, there's a line that shouldn't be crossed. And, that line was crossed yesterday while I was watching the online play-by-play of the Yankee/Sox game. Here's a sample that I've cut and pasted (read from bottom to top):

End of top of the 3rd. Bring on Big Papi!!! Woohoo!
J Giambi popped a pill. Er, popped out.
J Giambi booed relentlessly.
J Posada moseyed to first. Again.
T Martinez fouled out to the one, the only, our glorious captain, Jaaaaason Vaaaaaritek!!!
H Matsui grounded out to second. Japanese nation distraught.
G Sheffield reached on infield single to shortstop, denies using the cream. A Rodriguez scored, G Sheffield to second on throwing error by shortstop E Renteria, G Sheffield denies using the clear.
A Rodriguez slapped shortstop. Bushleague.
A Rodriguez stole second.
A Rodriguez singled to right center.

Start of 3rd inning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home