Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Big Dogs

Here's my belated list what drives me nuts about the managers, GMs and owners.

Nothing drives me nuts about Theo. He's the best in baseball. He hasn't taken credit for the idiot strategy and chemistry, but I think he should. I like John Henry too. The "Evil Empire" comment should be on his grave stone. It was beautiful. Two dashes of FDR and a pinch of Obi Wan. Having said all that - he REALLY gives me the creeps. (Should mention: minus ten points for the VP who didn't want to have the ring ceremony on opening day. Boooo.)

Brian Cashman is a marionette with access to deep pockets. Poor guy always looks like he's scared. I laugh out loud whenever he's on TV. He has the same expression on his face as those battered wives on Law & Order. He needs to step up LIKE A MAN. He's proven he's got a good eye for talent but he ain't callin' the shots. Now the strategy is just to get the best available guys regardless of cost, which probably isn't any fun. They had chemistry in 96-00, but I don't see it now. The trick is finding the Cabreras and Roberts, the diamonds in the rough. He's probably wasting his talent. I'll bet he'd be happier anywhere else.

Steinbrenner? I'm impressed that he spends as the rules allow and disappointed that others don't do the same. The game would be better. I respect his Series titles, his respect for tradition, his win-at-all-costs mentality, and the continuation of Yankee pride. But don't ask me to like him.

The managers. Not much to add to what's been said. Torre is a Hall of Famer, period. Francona was more than shaky all year but was letter perfect from about Sep 28th onward. Great job on clubhouse management. But dude, what's with the obsessive rocking back and forth... with the arms crossed and the blank stare? Ai caramba. Ten minutes til Wapner.

And is it my imagination or does Torre ALWAYS have his fingers up his nose? Between the two of them it's like watching "Dumb and Dumber."
.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I saw John Henry in the movie Thinner. And wasn't Francona in Rain Main, rocking back and forth?

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Henry has all the emotion of a can of refried beans.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Torre does pick his nose alot. You would too if you had nostrils the size of the Holland Tunnel.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cashman's tired look is the same tired look that you see in husbands who have nagging wives. He just happens to have a nagging Steinbrenner.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enough about Dave f**king Roberts, already. Sheesh. Why don't you just blow him and get it over with?

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home