Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Blue Collar Pitching Staffs

I was laid up sick at home for a couple of days and while surfing channels I landed on this gem called Blue Collar TV. I know I'm twisted, but for whatever reason, those three dudes reminded me of all the new pitchers in the AL East:

1. Randy Johnson is a ringer in more ways than one for Jeff Foxworthy...
2. Matt Clement is the eager-to-please Bill Engvall (though I almost went with Jared Wright)...
3. And a no-brainer: David Wells is Larry the Cable Guy.


Note:
Randy Johnson's 2005 Salary: $16,000,000
Matt Clement's 2005 Salary: $8,000,000
David Wells' 2005 Salary: $4,000,000

I'm sorry, but based on the above salaries, only David Wells qualifies as being blue collar. Johnson and Clement are, unfortunately, over the $7,500,000 per year salary threshold that separates the blue collar and white collar workers. Just like in society.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home